Saturday, September 02, 2006

Eyelets

We had a lovely morning visiting some of the open studios in the Hampshire Artists scheme.Prints, felt,glass and digital photos were particularly memorable. As you know I am really keen on experimenting with working on felt , and you can see some inspiring work at raspberry.

I have just finished a piece using mainly eyelets; after reading Julia Caprara's article in Quilting Arts I fancied doing some hand stitching and got out my stiletto.

I layered some painted scrim over in parts and worked some eyelets on the machine. It made a nice change to work some pretty intensive stitching.

10 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:38 PM

    Utterly gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome ,and the link to rasberry is great love to see her work I also like to work whit felt

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous. I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely colours and textures Jackie. Just looking at your again reminded me that I also love stitching into batik. I have a pot with the wax waiting to be used!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:51 PM

    Thank you so much for the link :)

    Your work is stunning, you should be doing Hampshire Artists, I expect to see you listed next year!!!! and thanks again for coming to see our work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice work miss Jackie! I think it's better than what was in the article! Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous6:37 PM

    I completely agree with Deb H -- your's is much nicer than the one in QA. I really like your changes in scale, and the fact that you've left some "breathing spaces." Do you have problems with the chenile yarn "stripping" it's fuzz off, or is that not such a problem with a loose weave like the scrim"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous10:20 PM

    This is lovely! And you have done it much better and this in the aticle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing! I love the colours and the way you do it. Brilliant idea. Keep up the nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. C.vanvyve
    j'adore ... Superbe
    merci

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always much appreciated. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...