Saturday, February 24, 2007

Felt

If you look at one of Raspberry's recent posts, see my links, you will see she has been making felt balls; hers have developed into key rings. Here are a few of mine.
There are also some felt beads, that is felt and silk wrapped over paper beads. I’ll do more with these one day. Have you made felt balls, how did they develop? What did you use them for? I have cut them and used PVA to seal the edges and attached as decoration to a bag. I prefer to make them Sheila Smiths’s way i.e. wrapping and using a felting needle to shape them.

For the next three Saturdays I am going to a felt making course at the Mary Ward Centre in London. I have never been there before but it seems to have a really interesting history and is in the Bloomsbury area
of London. I am really looking forward to it and will let you know what we do.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:55 PM

    Wow! These are really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, these are cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. they are marvellous!
    like silky fuzzy coccoons

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh Jackie! These are wonderful! I will try them w/soy silk mixed in. I've made a few of these most recently mixed w/catnip as a kitty toy. What great bag embellishments!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always much appreciated. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...