Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Buttons and more.


I am just beginning to realize that there is a lot more that can be done with monoprinting than I have tried before. I thought it was wonderful using a press with monoprinting and found what I could do at home a bit second best, but after using it at City Lit for sketch book work and in my drawing class I am inspired to have another go.
My sketch book theme relates to Mexican art which I saw on a group sketching trip at The British Museum.Recently I was lucky enough to acquire a box of all white buttons, some of them quite old, so I have worked on combining the two themes.I have also used some paper which I made and pages from old books.
There are numerous groups on Flickr related to buttons of all types and descriptions. I can’t work out what the fascination is other than nostalgia as most of us probably had a family button box when growing up; ours was a red oxo tin.

7 comments:

  1. I think its the idea of little treasures saved up. Our tin was a quality street tin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous work...lovin the thread and the buttons...and the three together look so good...

    ReplyDelete
  3. These have worked out really will and the buttons add that extra dimension. You are right about the nostalgia part, I inherited my mother's button jar and it is full of memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love buttons in my art...
    yours are great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your sketchbooks look great. I've just bought a book of design/illustration sketchbooks too. Am definitely inspired to get going.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think we all loved playing with the button box....its nice to see you haven't stopped!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful works! I love buttons too :-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always much appreciated. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...