Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Opportunities

The HEN embroidery site has a new on-line exhibition up and there are varied entries from a number of countries. See my links. Have a look and why not think of putting a piece of work in for next time. My entry was from my City and Guilds Course as it seemed to fit the theme of Winter Wonderland, and there had to be some reason why it sits in a box under my desk taking up space.
Another opportunity is here where you can enter a machine embroidery competition and every entry gets a small thank you from the organizers. I only just started and the entry date is early in March, but there is still time and it does give you a focus, or you may already have a piece which fits the remit.






The problem with my piece is how to define the butterflies now that I have free machined them. I have a number of ideas. I must admit that I have a phobia about butterflies, and in fact most fluttery winged creatures, so not a theme I would choose.
Thanks to people following my blog. I am sorry if I don’t get back to you, I do try.
To answer the question about Louise Baldwin’s workshops, yes I am sure she runs them regularly at City Lit...
The next mini workshop at Doodles, Tadley is next Wednesday and we will be working with silk carrier rods. They now have a good website with details of all their courses and the craft shop items.
I have just joined the ECHO group on Flickr. They have a bi-weekly theme and the current one is Juicy, hence my new header, 'threads that make my mouth water'. See the badge in the sidebar. Why not join in?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always much appreciated. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...