Wednesday, March 03, 2010

'Made to Fit'




I’m very pleased this year to have had both the pieces I submitted for the ‘Made to Fit’ exhibition accepted. This is an annual exhibition, which this year will be in the newly refurbished Willis Museum. The exhibition marks the 14th year of the celebration of women’s work in Basingstoke. The exhibition was started by a local artist/print maker who sadly died recently.
My pieces are artists’ books. All the pieces have to be small enough to fit into a CD cover or made within very small dimensions. I will show you my pieces and how they were made when the exhibition takes place.

I have found two very interesting blogs recently. Firstly 'Woven Letters',where regular paper swaps are organized. I’m going to take part in the April one, which involves mini books.
Take a look. If nothing else admire the clever Header.
Secondly, 'The Altered Page' which has a section called Secret Sunday. Artists and fellow bloggers share their secret tips and techniques. Fascinating. I spent ages looking through all the posts.
I have added another workshop to HEN, 'Monoprint and Stitch'. Here is a link to the site:

4 comments:

  1. congratulations, off to visit the Altered page you suggested.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for linking to Secret Sunday on my blog! Hope to see you there again this Sunday for more secrets!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I've been enjoying both of these blogs too. There is always so much inspiration and things to learn which is so exciting!

    Carolyn x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving the new header on your page. Rather breathtaking. jan

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always much appreciated. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...