Saturday, November 19, 2011

On with the Throw.

I am continuing with finishing the throw along the lines of Alisa Burke’s Free Motion
Graffiti class. It now has a blue backing, which was nearly fleece but then I found quite a heavy suiting material which feels like wool but is a polyester blend.





 I decided that the best way forward was to ‘tie’ the three layers together; which I have now done and am sewing on the binding. So this week it could be finished. I could have gone on with the free machining for weeks but decided enough was probably enough.






I have just bought some jewellery as presents from an Etsy seller in Holland. I can’t tell you more about it as I don’t want to spoil the Christmas surprise for the recipients, but I want to tell you that not only is it unique and lovely, but also thoughtfully and beautifully packaged. I found out about http://www.etsy.com/shop/jmsstudio    from another blog but can’t unfortunately remember whose.



If I have not got back to new followers or people who kindly left comments it is most likely down to the vagaries of Blogger.

6 comments:

  1. Love how this is developing. I'm especially crazy about your circles at the top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:53 PM

    I am lovng this free wheeling piece as it develops. The tying just adds dimension. xox Corrine

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great piece--so free-wheeling. Very exciting. Love the free-motion stitching. I can see how the problem would be when to stop.
    best from Tunisia,
    nadia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes me too really enjoying these images ...bought a book by Alisha Burke its got some good projects in it ...that was after you recommended her so thanks ...x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks great, if I made a quilt I'd definitely tie it, if I wasn't glueing it...wonderful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful fabrics! Very eye catching, and great free motion embroidery.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always much appreciated. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...