Monday, February 11, 2013

'Lacy Grid' Two


I am working slowly on my Lacy Grid piece. I'm not quite sure about the overall look/balance or where to go with it. This is why at the moment I am concentrating on the individual sections which are pleasing and hoping that seeing the piece pinned on my line on the wall will help me to bring it all together.


 To start I embellished a piece of dyed brown silk onto a piece of commercial felt and made some grids by embellishing black felt.



 I found some pieces of silk paper which I had felted into white merino wool. The fact that I had added black threads to the silk paper gave it an appropriate look; almost like fine veins. 

I felt I had to be careful when I got as far as embellishing over it and sure enough for the first time I broke one of my embellisher’s needles. I have worked with all the needles in place rather than reducing the number and my experience of changing a needle has confirmed me in that practise. There was no way that I could turn the screw to loosen the needles and I had to bring in an ‘ expert’, without whom at least it would have cost me a lot of money to get the problem sorted, husbands do have their uses!

3 comments:

  1. thank you for showing and talking about your process.

    i love the idea of felting paper into wool, didn't even know that was possible.

    i also enjoy working on pieces and seeing if they can come together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackie, I think you visited my google page, but I blog over at http://www.inkandchai.com

    just saying. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this piece ........I have broken needles on my embellisher and I have just left it in a corner !!.....x

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always much appreciated. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...