Friday, January 09, 2015

New Year Project.


This is a small project for the New Year. You could have a go at this if you are stuck for inspiration. Take a selection of small pieces of fabric in a colour way or theme of your choice; I used whites and creams, bits of felt, lace, silk etc.. I wove them together without stitching and then put them onto a background of wadding, I used some 505 fabric spray to hold them in place.




I printed shapes cut into a soft cut block and coloured with Speedball water based block printing ink for fabric.



Each day I added some stitching, in places I used patterns on the machine and even some needle felting,but in the end I stuck to drawing with the machine using a large headed darning foot. I was surprised at how easily it coped with the layers of lace and varied thicknesses of fabric. I doodled into the background adding line drawing as I fancied. Stuck for shapes, have a look at some zentangles on YouTube, and adapt them.


To be continued .......

7 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I love any excuse to play and try out new things, this may just be it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing build up of colours and patterning. Happy New Year Jackie. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh. I really like this! Can not wait for the next bit. I have lots of lace upstairs. Is speedball ink really good as I hear a lot about it but never used it. Seems quite expensive in the UK.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhhh dear Jackie, thank you so much for another lovely idea !!! I often do the cloth-weaving thing since I did it with Jude (Spiritcloth) It's such a wonderful base to start with, I agree !

    A happy creative stitch year to you ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely idea for using up scraps of fabric and lace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visitng Liza. Sorry I can't get back to your blog.

      Delete

Comments are always much appreciated. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...