Saturday, September 12, 2015

Block Print Distort Part One




I had the idea to try block printing with the distorted scrim technique. So first of all I had some fun making the block, I used Moo carving medium which is easier to use than the thin material which can be bought. My carving is pretty basic and I have no idea how people manage to get such intricate patterns, I am sure that like everything else it is probably down to practise.






I decided to leave the lines in the background of the block which I felt looked like the grasses in the field, and which I could later echo when I machined the scrim.



 I tried it out on paper first.



Then I took photos and made some ' app prints ' on the ipad.






To be continued......................................................

4 comments:

  1. Love these prints (and the plate), Jackie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love some of the ipad manipulations and looking forward to seeing where it goes from here...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous, I have the plant on my wallpaper and always find them calming......must try this myself and I agree the background lines add to the whole effect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is fascinating reading about your process. I think it came out wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always much appreciated. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...