Thursday, September 01, 2016

September




Coming up to autumn now, I am looking forward to going down to Dorset again soon, starting in September and then, hopefully, regularly through the Autumn/Winter months. Not least because I followed a class on Creative bug which is gives clear instructions for crochet over stones.

 This helped to revise my very rusty crochet knowledge, but unfortunately I have no stones of the right sort of size so I need to get back to beach combing. I dug through my limited collection of hooks, mostly inherited, and my not so limited store of thread to come up with the basics, but no stones!



I have followed some more lettering workshops, watercolour (Silly Faces) and recently one on cross hatching.


I made a couple of ‘jewellery’ pieces having bought and tried out some epoxy glue to fix small pieces of beach glass to shards.





Thank you for catching up with my 'doings'.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your beach combing - you'll be visiting my part of the world - I'm in Somerset

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh lovely beach glass pieces !
    Love the lettering results.
    O yes crochet around stones ;-)
    (love those wonderful flat or round stones when I see them ... always want to take some home !)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always much appreciated. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...